AmigaActive (1270/2143)

From:Sam Thomas
Date:17 May 2000 at 20:00:51
Subject:Re: ArtEffect and loading pictures to start with...

Right then following on from my original question about ArtEffect and bits.
I have made a script and saved it (as a script) containing the following:

/* err, script to load a picture into ArtEffect on startup*/
parse arg pic
if ~show('P','ArtEffect') then address command 'Run >NIL: <snip continues
next line> Programs:ArtEffect/ArtEffect'
waitforport ArtEffect
address 'ArtEffect' 'loadpic' pic

I have set Dopus up to use the script properly ( arexx | loadpicture.rexx
{f} ), but I have a problem still :-/
the script loads ArtEffect up, but it does not insert the picture I selected
in to it :-( I then tried the script again while ArtEffect was loaded and
it then loaded the picture up. (so it (the script) works when ArtEffect is
running)

So... I tried making the filetype load up ArtEffect first then running the
script. This did not work either because It loads ArtEffect then does
nothing else, then When I quit, the filetype continues on and loads
ArtEffect again and then does nothing :-/

So then, how do I get ArtEffect to load first, then get the script to insert
the picture I wanted? (or can the script be configed to load ArtEffect then
load the image?)

Or even better! if someone has got a working script and filetype can you
please send me a copy (OFF LIST!!)

**Sam Thomas* - Thanks again for the help so far :-)